I've also been thinking a lot about Krys's family relations, and her discontentment at home and I realized - though I really have no idea how - that Krys is the middle child of three. This has put a number of plot twists in my head that I really can't wait to share with you... but you're going to have to wait until the middle of Tailslide to hear about them! Muahahahaha! xD But seriously, it's killing me not telling you right now!
In other news! The first two chapters of HBL will be available for public reading in the up and coming magazine Book-it! from Chapter One. I'm so stoked. I've been working with the editor to get an exclusive look to the story, including but not limited to pictures. It's been really fun and I hope you enjoy the effort. If you don't live in Utah and are looking for a copy of my story in the magazine, you can pre-order your copy of the first issue here, subscriptions are available.
Also! super awesome bonus material alert I am holding a competition for best Steam Punk! If you are into cosplay, are an artist, or you have friends who are, this is for you.
In Hard Bank Left, Target Lost, and Tailslide there are a ton of fight scenes. In these there are characters the have special physic abilities. The winner of this competition will get the opportunity to be written into one of these three stories as either a good guy or a bad guy with one of these abilities. Here is your chance to be immortalized in fiction!
To enter into this competition, you must submit a picture or drawing of you or one of your original characters/alter-egos to email@example.com no later than August 15th. The winner will be announced the next day in my usual Fan Art Friday post.
- The character must a specific mental ability. For a list of powers, check out my wiki page. This doesn't have to be demonstrated, just let me know in the email.
- The character must demonstrate that they are in the Shadow Cast world by having one or more of the following objects:
- has objects that glow cyan
- has an elaborately decorated key
- has a mix of steampunk and cyberpunk tech (ie a musket and a flexi)
- If a bad guy, the character must demonstrate some sort of military insignia
- If a good guy, the character must stand out as being eccentric in some way (ex. they're crazy, have no sense of style, or are a gypsy)
- optional bonus material (please note that bonus material doesn't count toward your actual score, but it sure makes your character fantastic)
- awesome Nerf - glowey paint gets double bonuses!
- making jeans look steampunky
- eye patches
- kickawesome scars
- bizarre eye color
- curly orange hair
As a final note, keep it clean (we have young and/or impressionable audience members). I look forward to seeing what you have in store!